Friday, September 25, 2009

Yesterday and Today with Air Supply

1998
It was during those days when I was still in college and having to endure the break-up of me and Rose when I first fall for the songs of Air Supply. It was a day of lonliness when I decided to watch a movie alone at a city mall in Zamboanga City, as I was cruising the stairs up to the cinema, I saw Rose with her new boyfriend holding hands and all smilling while going down the stairs. I was shocked for am not expecting to see them there, and it was then I heard the song of air supply entitled Lonely Is The Night. It really struck me hard and deep. Because of that I didn’t understand the movie I was watching. Tsk tsk tsk.

2008
Ten years later, I again came across the song when my wife Rose and I had our differences, and when I was all alone in Zamboanga. It again struck me so hard and deep that I had similar pain ten years when I first saw her with her boyfriend on a movie date.

2009
Now my wife and I made up again, I can only feel myself through the good and sad songs of Air Supply. And I am simply excited that GenSan News Online Mag announced a What Air Supply Song Are You? Blog Contest for an Air Supply Concert in GenSan on October 2, 2009 because I will have the chance to feel every love song with my wife by my side. Only then the song of Lonely is the Night be more felt.


Air Supply official poster

I am only thankful again that Grab A Crab Restaurant has sponsored another international performers. Not only they serve great food but also good music to every General.

So, thank you to all the generous sponsors from Dreamwork Ventures Inc.'s Platinum Concert Series 2009, City Government of Gensan, GenSan City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc, ABS-CBN, Grab A Crab, MISO Hardware, San Miguel Corporation, Coca Cola Bottlers Inc., East Asia Royale Hotel, Coffee Dream, Giacominos, NY Fries and Dips, Gaisano Mall of Gensan and Gregoria Printing Press.






No comments:

Post a Comment